Saturday, August 27, 2011

Internet Withdrawal!



Ah, there has been so much to blog about this week, but I have been (just about) unplugged!  I no longer have a laptop--story to follow, maybe-- and my modem zorked, leaving me almost internet-free, but for a bit of 3G.  An earthquake, and as write, Hurricane Irene is on the way.  So far just rain, but power goes early in my neighborhood and some blocks around me have already gone dark.  I'm still suffering from Post Traumatic Tree Disorder from Hurricane Floyd and the tree that crashed on my house, so I'm not a big fan of these weather events. 


Just a heads up on some stuff worth checking out:

The New York Times has an article on women who alter their exercise schedules because of their hair, and the surgeon general's disapproval.  I have to say, I thought I was the only one, so it's good to know that I'm not alone.

Rob sent us a link to a post on The Last Psychiatrist about why the APA should stay out of the debate about forced medication for mentally ill criminals, here's the latest on forced medication from the NYTimes.  Both of these articles are, not surprisingly, about Jared Loughner.

Okay, the winds are picking up.  Stay safe everyone.

3 comments:

Sarebear said...

I hope you all are safe and no trees smash your houses either.

I remember in the 80's the big todo over hurricane Gloria (the first one) and it blew my umbrella inside out. we were upriver from NYC, but it wasn't as harsh as this.

Anyway, glad you are ok fro the earthquake (my aunt was back there visiting, she's ok too.)

See you back soon I hope and the videoconference thing sounds cool!

Anonymous said...

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR MEDS! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I have let hair get in the way of exercising. (Not that I'm good about it otherwise) If I sweat too much, then I really need to wash it, but I can get away with using a shower cap some of the time.