Thursday, June 11, 2009

Twittering Docs


To Roy with love:

From The New York Times Well Blog: When your doctor Twitters !

Or better yet, that blog post references an article by Pauline Chen called Medicine in the Age of Twitter. It talks about social media and doctoring.

I think we're all a little hesitant here. I started a listserv among psychiatrists I know recently, and it's slow going. People have asked if they can be sued. And blogging, well, you know only a handful of us are doing that.

So I liked the New York Times reference pieces.
And thank you all for the kind feedback on Shrink Rap and You! And My Three Shrinks will be back, though probably not for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, do you email with your patients?

I do have an email consent form and I have only chosen to use it once to facilitate a scheduling issue.

Dinah said...

Cute icon, Tigermom.

I don't generally email my patients. If they email me, I write back, "Please call me."
I blog, podcast, now I low-level semi-conscious twitter when I think of something to say.
I text my patients. Is that weird? It works well.
I felt much better about it when one of my patients mentioned that his dentist texts appointment reminders (I do this).