Tuesday, May 06, 2008

It Was Nice Meeting You


So Dinah, Roy and I ventured down to Washington DC to the American Psychiatric Association conference to talk about the use of computers in psychiatry. I was hoping to get a picture of our feet under the panel table, but that didn't happen. What did happen was that various Shrink Rappers met a couple Shrink Rap readers, and we appreciated the feedback you gave us. I hope our fellow psychiatrists enjoyed all the presentations at that session as much as we did. I personally enjoyed hearing patients talk about how online discussion boards helped them get better. That was pretty cool, and not something you hear every day. I thought it was pretty brave of them to put their histories out there in public, and I appreciated their willingness to do this for the education of psychiatrists.

Thanks again.