Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Long Day for The Wimpiest of the Co-Bloggers


ClinkShrink cures 42 patients an hour.
Roy often is still in the hospital at midnight.
Midwife With A Knife catches 10 babies an hour, or extracts them with interesting devices.
Fat Doctor admits 30 patients a night (sadly, she doesn't dictate them).
Dr. Crippen, I hope is okay despite his mysterious disappearance.
Kevin MD blogs for more time than I can imagine.
NeoNurseChic works 12 hour shifts with an assortment of headaches and ailments, and doesn't complain.

Dinah works part-time. I am a wimp. This morning, I have a meeting from 8 to 11 AM about lots of things I either don't care about or things I do care about but can't do anything to change. From 1-8, I'm scheduled to see 8 reliable patients, most of whom will show up right on time, and there's no break in there. At 8 Pm, I'm due back at another meeting which may well go to 11 PM, a follow-up on this morning's meeting about things I don't care about or things I do care about but will be unable to change. Today, and today only I hope, I will not be a wimp.

Tomorrow, I will be a wimp.