Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shake, Rattle & Roll ?


It's been a few days.


Roy was on a roll. Ducks, Darth, Depakote, and Hillary (it would have been so illiterate alliterate, but for...). He's back under the hospital floorboards again, to emerge soon, I imagine.


ClinkShrink has been visiting middle America: drinking whole milk, eating white bread with mayo, struggling at scrabble. And now she has a new venture: she's writing prison fiction. Check it out: Bad Fiction , it's Clink all the way. Jesse Ventura in a kimona, dogs licking their private parts, it doesn't get any more clinkable.


And I've been posting segments of Double Billing. Thanks to all of you who've stuck with me and have been commenting, I hope it's worth the journey. I've added on a roll role in my real life as part of a professional organization and this suddenly is eating my time. I woke up this morning thinking about a piece of office equipment that might need replacing-- this for an office I don't work in and a piece of equipment I've never seen. I'm feeling a bit disconnected from Shrink Rap. Oh, and I grow a year older later this week: I'm feeling a bit disconnected from that, too, but probably it's just as well. When it gets to me, I'm left to consider the alternative.


All day, I've been thinking I want to post something that will shake things up, breath a little energy into Shrink Rap. So far, it hasn't worked that way. I don't post because I'm looking for something to write about; I write because something has found me. So what should I rant about? Drugs always work: my seroquel post got a top number of comments, Roy's Xanax post made everyone think. I'm not in the mood for drugs. I could use some chocolate, but what can I say? The Last Psychiatrist sometimes incites me, but he's ranting about the guy who flew after being diagnosesd with resistant tuberculosis. Not very shrinky.


Okay, so here's my post. I didn't say anything. Did you notice that?