Thursday, August 17, 2006

Transference To The Blog, Once Removed

Subtitled: My Family and Shrink Rap


Pre-Teeny Bopper Daughter
Looks over my shoulder, sees I'm checking E-Mail and says,
"At least you're not Blogging!"

Husband
Sitting at Ravens game, he attempts to explain each play to me (I know we root for the guys in purple, what else matters?) Thinking this must be work for him, I say "You don't have to explain every play to me."
Husband replies, "I want you to be well-rounded and I read the damn blog."

Teenage Son
"What's for dinner?"
As long as I cook, he doesn't care what I do.

Max
Reportedly is pleased to have been featured. And he never complains.

And to my non-shrink Brother who actually Subscribes to the blog:
Hi, Boy-Boy!

3 comments:

Sarebear said...

So what was for dinner? Are you going to leave us in suspense, or what? hee hee.

DrivingMissMolly said...

Dinah, if I may be so bold...

I have no doubt that you work plenty hard, so cut yourself some slack about what you like to spend your down-time doing.

Cooking, blogging, whatever it is, you have a right to diversion and entertainment.

I guess there is a taint to blogging? It is the 'red-headed stepchild' of hobbies? (No offense to red-headed stepchildren, BTW).

I just had to get that off my chest. Blog on, sister. We enjoy you, even if we aren't all psychiatrists and aren't always engaged in intellectual banter.

L

NeoNurseChic said...

Yeah I just personally don't tell my family about my blog because I take enough crap about being on the computer all the time. Now when my grandmother says, "That computer is your best friend." I know she says it in a way that is meant to make me feel bad or guilty, but I simply reply, "I'm doing my classwork - my class is online this semester, so I can't very well do it without a computer." *sigh*

Why can't people let us just blog in peace? What's wrong with being on the computer all the time?

Hope you guys had a good dinner... :)