Saturday, August 12, 2006

Frizzled and Frazzled



I've been thinking that as a blog, we've regressed, moved out of the at-least-half-serious-about-psychiatry mode, and into personal ramblings, issues with logos and ducks and the like. It's August, though, and convention would dictate that the three of us should be lounging on the beach in Cape Cod (now there would be an idea for a bloggers meeting!), so maybe this is our 'vacation.' Of course, having thought this, I signed on to find ClinkShrink's very serious post called Undisclosed Locations regarding the ramifications of providing psychiatric care to illegal alien/person-of-interest-detainees. ClinkShrink never was much for vacations.

It's been a hot, humid summer here in Charm City: not conducive at all to Good Hair.
Among other things --The Blog and Gourmet Cooking, to name a few--, I've been obsessing about my hair these past few weeks. Lots of chemicals and processes, and with the most recent color change two days ago, my son announced, "It's not purple anymore!" It was never purple. Okay, he conceded, maroon. It was never maroon.

So a couple of weeks ago, a neighbor wandered into my kitchen, uninvited (she was visiting Max, which he wants) and asked how my hair was doing. Who asks such things? "Not good in this humidity," I replied. In other words, I know it looks awful, I never asked your opinion, and isn't it time for you to go home now?? Neighbor then proceeded to discuss just how much she didn't like the current style, wrong length and it hides my pretty face. Gee Thanks. Really, it's time for you to go home now.

Things have improved. I got it cut. I stopped trying to subdue it with gel (a lesson here for Foo?), got rid of all that purple, and today is crisp with little humidity, a gorgeous Baltimore day. My hair now has a texture that resembles hair.

So imagine my delight when I saw that Shiny Happy Person had written a post correlating good hair with good mood! Talk about connection and resonance! A woman who understands me at last! ClinkShrink doesn't do hair chemicals. If Roy does, he doesn't discuss it with me. I then noticed that FooFoo5 was also posting about his Hair and how he looks like a scruffy homeless person! (I learn something new everyday). I've given in to the logo, so I might as well go with the flow of Psychiatrists blogging about their hair. It's August.

So, Roy, you've been rather quiet; want to talk about your do? (now spelled correctly)

[posted by....

12 comments:

Sarebear said...

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Your resident punster strikes again.

Strikes OUT, perhaps. Goes on strike?

Anyway. I let my hair dry by itself, to get that curl in it, but ever since it's been a bee-otch to brush. OUCH.

I used to live in NY, so I understand the humidity thing. Isn't much of a problem here in Utah . . . come visit! Whee.

Sounds like a hairy situation, for you; the maroon-ness and frizzle.

Hair you go, another bad pun to finish off my comment.

Apparently, you guys are chugging something carbonated, cause my word verify is cburpv (five burps, eep! I mean, URP!)

MT said...

His doo?! Isn't it rare for a Freudian slip to relate to so early development? When you're off vacation you might try developing this into a paper. (It's "do" for hair.)

Sarebear said...

Maybe subconsciously he's on her $$#$ list?

NeoNurseChic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shiny Happy Person said...

Thank you for publicising my ground-breaking research. Just bear in mind that it IS mine and as such your mentioning it will cost you $10,000.

I will take a check.

Steve & Barb said...

My "do" has been the same for 20 years (except for the "distinguished" natural color changes). No chemicals or products. After waking up, Wife always sounds disgusted when she says, "Why bother brushing your hair, it always looks the same, even after sleeping on it." Weather doesn't change it. It's just there. (Though it is slowly becoming less there over time.)

Quiet? Hey, I'm working on some serious posts!

ClinkShrink said...

I love the pics, both of them, although you don't look a thing like the cat. Your nose isn't that smooshed in.

If SHP wants $10,000 for her research she'll have to come over here and pick up the check (cheque?) herself. Good luck getting through Heathrow these days. Alhough it might be worth it to see both bad hair people side-by-side.

Except that your hair always looks nice.

ClinkShrink said...

Forgot to mention, there was an article in the paper today about one of our Segway instructors.

NeoNurseChic said...

Clink,

Maybe I should blog about my journeys through Heathrow....1 month from today!! I'm still hoping things settle a bit by then!

Shiny Happy Person said...

Cheque, yes. I was under the impression that you American types spell it wrong, so I thought I'd be helpful.

Wrkinprogress said...

Dinah, I thought it was a scientific FACT that getting one's hair done automatically = 6 weeks of therapy. It always works for me! :)

Dr. A said...

I think I'll ask my readers how I should do/cut/color my hair. That would be entertaining, don't you think?

Great logo, by the way. Blogaholics Anonymous meeting at Cape Cod -- now you're talkin -- that's a meeting!