Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What's Happening To My Life?



Now I don't just write a blog, I read other people's blogs: it's like throwing Time in the fire and watching it burn.

Last night, I said to my husband, "Hon (we've lived in Baltimore for 17 years, I've sunk to calling him "hon"), I think the blog is getting to be a problem." He simply answered, "Yup."

Roy, who somehow supports a family, directed me to Fat Doctor's blog. He assigned me a mission to get her to post our blog-- so far, we're nowhere and it's mostly been Clinkshrink, Roy, and I talking to each other. I found Fat Doctor: a "Famine-resistant doctor, wife, mom, cynic and active daydreamer. Blogging for 15 minutes each morning to better avoid starting my day." A beleaguered soul who suffers from Depression and is now off her Prozac, Fat Doctor won my heart-- I laughed out loud when I should have cried. She has a wonderfully self-effacing, charismatic sense of humor. Strangely, I wanted her blog to be my blog.

Hours after discovering Fat Doctor, I returned to learn she is in the hospital having suffered a stroke, still blogging. Her followers have wished her well, as I do now, though I feel like a bit of an intruder. We'll leave my blog-swapping mission for another day.

1 comment:

Fat Doctor said...

Oh baby, you got blog addiction REAL bad if you're following me that closely. But I appreciate it with every narcissistic cell in my very large body.